• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gwanyerselsun

Fitting A Non Sunroof Roof Skin

gwanyerselsun

I've had a search around for information about fitting non sunroof roof skins and found that it's a fairly tricky task, however my car is a factory dimma so am I right to think the task will be made even more difficult by the rear quarter panels as iirc the kit at the rear goes almost all the way up to the roof?

The reason I want rid of the sunroof is that it's a non factory one and it no longer opens.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

MacI

stu8v

Real easy if you are fitting a new panel, Now you will need to be able to braze and have access to a spot welder really.

If using a 2nd hand roof it will require alot more finesse and skill as you will have to prep it first.

stu8v

I will let you know how I get on in the coming weeks as thats what I'm doing to my track car.

check out my project thread

Henry Yorke

The Dimmas have that 3 piece rear spoiler and the little bits are notoriously brittle and I have not seen anyone making replacements. Looking at the attached pics of the fitting process of genuine Dimma kits, they do seem to come pretty high up the rear quarter.

post-3457-1295479841_thumb.jpg

As I am sure you are aware from reading other posts, the only way to get a non sunroof roof is to take one off another 205 as they are no longer available from Peugeot.

Would it not be easier to fit a full slide sunroof to it as the opening would be bigger than the hole you have already and you run less risk of disrupting things and it would look factory?

gwanyerselsun
Would it not be easier to fit a full slide sunroof to it as the opening would be bigger than the hole you have already and you run less risk of disrupting things and it would look factory?

The non factory sunroof is of the full slide variety and is roughly the same size / design as the factory one although it does not have the vacuum seal so I'm not sure a factory sunroof would fit in place.