• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gavbrum

Strut Brace

Tom Fenton

Looks very flimsy to me, where the bar attaches to the top plates.

Miles

As said these don't do allot, Just looks. The holes that bolt down onto the top are around 12mm, This type has been around years from a couple of different Manufactures, E TEch being one.

I might get around to making something like this later in the year

post-43-1295433354_thumb.jpg

petert

Great for attaching coils to and pump reservoir however!

post-2864-1295435962_thumb.jpg

Batfink

With the OMP upper one you can notice a difference. I gave one to Kyepan on the basis that if he could not notice a difference I would take it back. The car had better traction as the camber changed on the roadsurface on a back to back test on the same bit of road. Its not a dramatic change but its noticeable.

Theres a lot of flimsy alloy ones though that can actually be flexed by hand

Daxed

The E-Tech type shown certainly does not distort by hand.

I fitted one to my 205 at lunchtime at a Cadwell Park trackday and was therefore able to directly compare the morning and afternoon sessions.

I managed to convince myself that it was having a positive effect, but allowing for the fact that I drive like toilet I'm sure it was just psychological. Having said that I have kept the brace on through various incarnations of the car and as Miles stated they do look nice particularly with his stickers on.

th_Picture001.jpg

Rippthrough

If a brace was making a difference you tend to notice the effect more if you remove it - less of the 'oooh shiny' going on in your head :(

Vili

A proper brace really makes a difference to stiffness of the body. My dash stopped squeaking when I fitted one to my car couple of days ago and you can feel that the front end flexes lot less. (The roads are in awful condition here at the moment.) If it makes the car any faster on the track I don't know.

Gibbo GTI

I've just bought this OMP strutbrace. It is unbelieveably lightweight but very solid. Not had the chance to take the car out yet as it's still in the build stage.

harryskid

Been here be for haven't we? :)