• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

205 4x4 Conversion

hcmini1989

Right for starters i hope this is in the right section.I know this has been coverd before but i cant find the answers im looking for and all the pictures cant be seen because there out of date.

Anyways moving on im going to convert my 205 to 4x4,Im planning on using the mi16 4x4 rear end as basicly its complete suspension set up ,And i dont have to weld turrets into the rear end of the 205.

Now wich route should i go down do i make the 205 back end fit the 4x4 axle?

Or do i make the axle fit the 205.

I have never seen a 4x4 axles mounting points so i dont know wich route to go down.Are they that much dis simalar to the 205 ones?

Im usure weather to shorten it or weather i could get away with using diffrent off set wheels i,e hight number meaning they dont stick out as much or i could run some bigger arches

My biggest concern is getting the axle straight as in perfect so it matches the front and doesnt end up crabbing

cheers for any help and pictures are much apreciated

BTW i dont have an axle of yet otherwise i wouldnt be asking

Daviewonder

I think Ade4wd was selling a 4 wheel drive setup for a 205 a while back, might be worth sending him a pm.

Daviewonder

Heres a link with a pic CLICK

Edited by Daviewonder

hcmini1989
Heres a link with a pic CLICK

Thanks for that spent a while looking for that .Ill give him a shout see if he can help .

ade 4wd

My 205 4x4 setup is still for sale.

I shotened the width of the 4x4 rear subframe and modified the mounts so it bolted onto the 205. I do have loads of 4x4 parts that i kept for spares if you need anything.