• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mogsman

Which Hub Nut?

mogsman

Hi all, I've just done a cv boot using the cone tool, but the new hub nut is too large. I'm guessing that the front nut is slightly smaller than the rears. The car is a 91 1.6gti and on looking at the nut is identical to the rears. My local Citroen garage is shut and the motor factors don't supply them.

Ian

kyepan
Hi all, I've just done a cv boot using the cone tool, but the new hub nut is too large. I'm guessing that the front nut is slightly smaller than the rears. The car is a 91 1.6gti and on looking at the nut is identical to the rears. My local Citroen garage is shut and the motor factors don't supply them.

Ian

if you have a 1.6 and the boot was for a 1.9 or vice versa it will be

although that being said, i have had varying nut socket sizes, but the same diameter hole for the driveshaft.. so make sure it doesn't fit on first and is just a different socket size.

shalmaneser

Just use the old one till you can get a replacement.

mogsman

I put the old one back on. I thought I was loosing the plot with the new nut. It took me two hours to do the cv boot, but I got held up with the wishbone ball joint refusing to come out. It was easy after that and getting the cone stuck in the cone!

Ian

pug_ham

The front hub nuts are different sizes across the GTI range.

The 1.6 GTI shares the front hub nut with the base models using a 30mm hub nut.

The 1.9 GTI uses a 35mm front hub nut as standard but some supplied with replacement driveshafts can be 36mm.

All use a 32mm rear hub nut.

Graham.