• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gibbo GTI

Droplink Width

Gibbo GTI

I bought a pair of droplinks from my local motorfactors on different days and it wasn't until I was going to fit them tonight I noticed they were different widths. One of them is 11mm with red clips around the boots and the other is 10mm with blue clips. They are both QH droplinks for a 1.9 GTI. Anyone else had this issue? If they have another of the 11mm one, i'll fit that as it should be a little stiffer than the thinner one.

Anthony

Doesn't sound too suprising - there's atleast three different styles out there, namely thick, thin, and the OE style ones with a thinner middle section.

Just make sure that they don't give you 106 droplinks by accident, as some motorfactors have been doing recently - they look identical, but have a M12 rather than M10 thread so they won't go through the hole in the damper.

madspikes
Just make sure that they don't give you 106 droplinks by accident, as some motorfactors have been doing recently - they look identical, but have a M12 rather than M10 thread so they won't go through the hole in the damper.

That explains the drop link I got from Eurocarpart in the summer, not only was it an M12 thread, but it was slightly longer - Still boxed for the GTi... buggers.

mad.