• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ashwarrior205

205 Gti Tyres

ashwarrior205

hope this right place to ask im looking at getting new tyres for my 205 1.9 gti on standard wheels im using toyo T1R's at moment. ill b using its as my day to day car and taking it on track days ive looked at new toyo R1R's as there in between the T1R's and R888's

boldy205

So your asking if R1Rs are any good? If so then it really is down to personal preference, most topics like this end up in a bit of a debate to say the least!

I say go for it and try em!

C_W

At a guess they should be much closer to R888s than the T1Rs.

Baz

Crap then by proxy.

Gibbo GTI

The last price list I had from Camskill for track day tyres has the R1R's at £80.68 + delivery in 195/50/15 size.

welshpug

never driven a car with R1R's on but have serviced one, no complaints regarding grip (on mixed belgian tarmac, lots of crap plus VVVV shiny sections)

only complaints were too soft sidewalls for a comp/rally tyre, punctured too easily :ph34r:

ashwarrior205

thks for all the answers i not fused what make of tyre it needs have good wet and dry grip with lots feedback and be able take heavy use

welshpug

AO48's, set of medium for dry, Softs with extra cuts for damp conditions.

McDude
thks for all the answers i not fused what make of tyre it needs have good wet and dry grip with lots feedback and be able take heavy use

Wet grip? Steer clear of R888s then, fine on track and summer days, but not for wet day-to-day driving.

Michelin PE2s for the win, all round awesomeness plus they will take the track abuse well