• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

[project] The Ultimate Track 205

alexcrosse

is that a "cobra turbo sebring carbon kevlar unobtainium pro series VIII version 8 helium cooper S GTi-R SC LX LM NOS" seat? lol

• Like 1

Cameron

f***ing hell this hurt but it was SO WORTH IT.

I'm gonna go lie down now.

DSC02836.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

DSC02841.jpg

DSC02839.jpg

pugdamo

I cant wait to see this car finished,the quality of your work is amazing. Keep the updates coming,im looking forward to the next one now :)

Enjoy your rest

GeorgeXS

This looks so awesome, keep up the great work, can't wait to see it finished!

brumster

Aye, 2016's going to be a great year ;)

That's a gentle ribbing, mate ;)

Edited by brumster
  • Like 3

Cameron

Haha thanks. :P

Yeah 2014 is looking more and more difficult at the moment money-wise.. I reckon I could build the thing between now and then, but saving enough cash to do so will be tricky! Thankfully I have a fall-back option of using a decent T9 gearbox rather than a sequential, but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

EdCherry

Need a set of decent dampers to go on it thought, no point doing all this otherwise! ;) ;)

grandos

I "heart" that seat!! Amazing project you have there, and the speed of it considering you've designed it all yourself and are manufacturing it all piece by piece!

Hats of to you!

Cameron

Ed - Thanks for offering a set of Penske dampers, much appreciated! :D

I've been thinking either Penske or Nitron for dampers from the start, we had Penske on our FS car and they were so unbelievably plush.

Tesstuff

It's coming along nicely Sandy....damn wrong thread again!!!

Cameron

I'm flattered by the comparison to Sandy's car, really I am, but you can't compare the two really. Mod Prod vs Libre is a battle that can only ever go one way. :lol:

Batfink

who's the better driver :P Colins is a very good car but your car is in theory be faster simply because the only thing 205 about it is the basic looks!

Cameron

Who's the better driver? Definitely not me. :lol:

I think the car will definitely be much more capable than I am, I currently have zero race or hillclimb experience! I'll remedy that next year as I plan to start out in Series Production so I can learn the courses and get the right license for Libre, but moving from a Clio to this is going to be interesting.

EdCherry

Hahaha didn't offer them but offered our services. We can certainly do you something, much better than the FS stuff we do. What are the rocker ratios in the end?

Cameron

I was looking at the 2-way shocks, I forget what your standard range of strokes is but I'd be looking for around 85mm as that's what Nitron offer, and what I've based my calcs on so far. Ratio is flexible to a degree, but 1:1 through the normal range with a slight rising rate towards the end of travel.

It would certainly be very useful to work with a company on this, as I got the feeling Nitron would be all to happy to sell me their parts but not so much when it comes to the after-sales, whereas I know that's a very big part of what Penske do.

EdCherry

Well we can do anything you want, I wouldn't worry about anything product listings or brochures say. Just have an idea of what you want really.

Can't really comment on Nitron, never had dealings with them, any of there parts or second hand 'experiences'. I can say were pretty good at what we do, give us a message if you want and will give you a bit more info.

Cameron

I'll be in touch when the time comes, not planning to buy dampers for a couple of months yet though. :)

johniban

this is awesome! i love a good garage build

qwerty

Hi Cameron

hope you're back is getting better, missing the updates so much!

Cameron

Thank you sir! Very much out of action at the moment, but hoping to be back at it by the new year!

The one plus side of all the time off is it's given me a fair bit of time to get some design work done and also to save some money, so hopefully it should start gaining momentum pretty quickly once I get back on it. :)

alexcrosse

yes hopefully the wounds will heal on your foreskin now they have put those dog veterinary cones on your hands and you will be able to be back in the unit it in no time.

Stop looking at the incognito tab cam... you'll go blind.

• Like 1

Cameron

Thanks sausage. Yes the cones should at least stop me from masturbating myself into a coma.

Also.. Stag Land has a lathe! :D

231184_10151252153359330_634236993_n.jpg

• Like 1

allye

So instead of cracking on with this and working through the pain (whats up with the back?) you're going to milk you self dry? :lol: