• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugrich

Tyres For Fast Road

Pugrich

Hey, which tyres would you prefer for fast road application.

Car: 1,9 Rallye

Wheels: 7J13 PTS

img3261i.th.jpg

THX Richard

swordfish210

Whats the weather like in Austria and what are the road surfaces like?

Pugrich
Whats the weather like in Austria and what are the road surfaces like?

I`ll use the Rallye just in Summertime, 20 to 25°C! Most Streets are Tarmac in reel good condition.

swordfish210

Well i'm jealous :unsure: Personally i would go for a Toyo R888 or a Yokohama A048, not cheap but very high grip levels.

205Rallee
What do you think about that R888:

http://www.pro-track.de/rennreifen/toyor88...6013vmedium.php

Are 7 inch rims possible for this tyre? Is this dimensin OK?

I have run these PTS wheels on a 1.3 Rallye, with tyres in sizes:- 185 60 x 13, 175 60 x 13, 175 50 x 13 and 195 45 x 13.

If you are using the car on the road in the summer, then Kumho V70a (medium Compound - K60) will be superb. Depending on your gearing the best road only tyre would be either a Bridgestone RE720 in 175 50 x 13 or Continental Sport Contact in 195 45 x 13.

As far as I am aware there aren't any good 185 60 x 13 tyres made anymore, I found the Yokohama A539's particularly poorin both wet and dry conditions.

AdamP

I wouldn't run silly low profiles tyres like 175/50s or 195/45s. No need on a 205 and especially a euro rallye where they're already geared so low.

I run 185/60 R13 A048Rs and they supply far more grip than you could ever need on the road.

I'd be looking for hard compound if you use it hard for long periods of time at those temperatures, I could overheat the medium 48Rs very quickly!

welshpug

how about AD08? more tread than AO48, don't know if they come in 13" though.

TurboSam

Personally I'd avoid track focused tyres like the R888 on the road. While they are amazing on the track, they are expensive and they can be a bit loud and harsh on the road.

205Rallee
I wouldn't run silly low profiles tyres like 175/50s or 195/45s. No need on a 205 and especially a euro rallye where they're already geared so low.

Ah well I'm happy being silly! Mine's geared at less than 12mph in fifth but then I don't drive it on the road for anything other than fun. The fastest people in road going 205 1400's "up North" use 175 50 13's (Spikey -Team Geen Motorsport)

AdamP
Ah well I'm happy being silly! Mine's geared at less than 12mph in fifth but then I don't drive it on the road for anything other than fun. The fastest people in road going 205 1400's "up North" use 175 50 13's (Spikey -Team Geen Motorsport)

Is that because there are bugger all list 1a tyres in 185/60 13 though? I know thats the reason a lot of the 106 people use 175/50s.

And is that using an XS gearbox? I find 1st gear a bit short anyway!