• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
monkee87

Which Brake Pipe Goes Where From The Master Cylinder?

monkee87

I've done a search and can't seem to find the info I need and haynes manual is useless.. :)

Right, so basically, I need to know where the 4 pipes go to on a 1.9 4 port M/C. I've been removing an ABS system from a 205 which only had a 2 port M/C, hence why I don't know which pipes go where.. :rolleyes:

I know that the 1.9 system is done diagonally, which means it should be fairly easy to figure out if I know where at least one of the wheels go to.

So, anyone in the know?! The help would be very much appreciated!

IIRC, the drivers front wheel goes to the port closest to the cam cover? Is that right?

Thanks!

SurGie

Looking at that picture am i right in thinking the passenger side front and the drivers side back port are the correct way around for the front brakes, sorry but it is a little confusing ? I have the same problem, or at least i will have when i get round to that job.

Miles

I always do front at the front of the M/S and the Rear to either 1 or 2 outlets at the back, This split circuit is rubbish as if a pipe goes you have no brakes, just like when Bleeding them, Then it's like the OE 1.6 system.

pug_ham
Looking at that picture am i right in thinking the passenger side front and the drivers side back port are the correct way around for the front brakes, sorry but it is a little confusing ? I have the same problem, or at least i will have when i get round to that job.

So that'll be the diagonally split 1.9 GTI system rather than the front / rear split 1.6 GTI?

1.9 GTI as original has one front & the opposite rear from each pair of ports, when, as Miles explains, the 1.6 has both front brakes from the forward ports & single line out via the rear compensator to the rears.

Graham.