• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SurGie

Front Bumper Bolts & Manifold Heatsheid.

SurGie

I have just got back from my local Pug and was told these are NLA.

I have tried Autofive but no luck finding them both.

Does anyone know where i can purchase these so i can fit my new bumper and heatsheild when the time comes to it ?

Cheers.

SurGie

Great thanks for that link.

Its just i have just received a pm and the price for a set was much better than that one.

Now i need to find a new heatsheild if possible ??

Cheers.

allye

Yer, I am aware that guy on ebay tends to sell things at a higher price than pug.

Miles

You can still buy the kit's from Pug, Just give them the number. You just cannot buy them sepertly anymore.

Heatsheild will have to be S/H

SurGie

The heatsheild i have seen new on a project thread on here recently, so i thought they could be still available. Now i will have to get my manky old one recoated so it looks shiny and new.

I did say to the clerk that i need a full front bumper set of bolts, nuts, and brackets etc and he seemed very knowledgable and quite older, so hes is not the usual know nothing young type of clerk you can get, yet he said NLA. Its ok now though, i do have a set coming through the post from a well known forum member, cheers.

SurGie

Update,

I have just rang derby parts and they do come as a kit, part no is 699453. Its just a pity the clerk did not say they do come as a kit, never mind i just hope buying them seperate wont cost more ?

Cheers.

welshpug
i just hope buying them seperate wont cost more ?

:rolleyes:

you can just use the longer version that are still available separately if that's the only part you need.

Gibbo GTI
Update,

I have just rang derby parts and they do come as a kit, part no is 699453. Its just a pity the clerk did not say they do come as a kit, never mind i just hope buying them seperate wont cost more ?

Cheers.

Does the kit do both sides or just one?

SurGie

Im not sure tbh, i have ordered it now anyway, ill give them a ring now to find out for sure. I thought it would be the whole kit and it is cheaper than buying them seperate. I need the whole front bumper kit.

I have just been told via Derby parts there is only one kit for one cars worth of which that above part no is the one kit for one car, they dont know for certain though its just an educated guess. Unless someone on here has bought a it before now and know about it ?

If you call any Pug dealer now you will only get put through to Derby parts and no other place in the country afaik, its all changed now, there doing things on the cheap'er.

Edited by SurGie

HERMAN

Hello SurGie I have just picked a bumper bolt kit up from the Derby dealers. £25 with the vat. But it only has the 4 plastic top bolts for the bumper and a load of clips for the various trim. A lot of money if all you need is the 4 bolts. I was expecting it to have the rubber mounts that go between the bumper and wing but they are not in the kit.

When ringing the Derby parts guys ask to speak to Daniel as he owns a 205 and knows the parts inside out.

You are welcome to buy this kit off me for what I paid because I will be taking it back. I am going to make up some stainless bolts for mine.

Cheers

Neil

brumster

I was going to say, for that money, I'd be buying some threaded rod and welding some tabs on the end of them, or just grinding down the ends of some suitable bolts with heads on - then flogging them for a nice profit :rolleyes: !!

SurGie

Ok great thanks for the info, looks like ill have to go back before 4pm today and order the side brackets etc.

What a load of hassle all because they cant be bothered to list on their computer what is what.