• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SurGie

Ecp Speedo Quality.

SurGie

Hi members,

What are your opinions about the ECP speedo cable quality, being as though they are not OE spec ?

Cheers.

boldy205

Mine has been fine, just make sure you get the right one, thing they sell two sizes, try to get yours off and measure it first, not a hard job. I always pick up a new rubber plug that holds the cable in at box end, as they tend to snap, think i got mine from pug steeler.

Matt

SurGie

Ok thanks, i have just this minute come back from Pug and they said there are two sizes, so its down to the garage to check the size out.

Cheers..

Anthony

Not tried the ECP ones, but certainly the non-OE one that I had from GSF lasted just a few hundred miles before it developed a cronic case of parkinsons - and yes, it was clipped to the bulkhead and routed correctly <_<

It's the longer of the two you need for a RHD 205 btw - the shorter cable is for LHD models.

SurGie

Well thats the kind of thing that makes me think i should get one from Pug at the higher price, just in case, pay once then forget.

Thanks Anthony.

EDIT, Oh right ok then, i did say to the parts shop that i think the long one would be the best one to get, better longer than too short. I'v ordered lots of other stuff today, so tomorrow i'll order and pay for the long one.

Edited by SurGie

2-Pugs

I bought a speedo from GSF, I think it was, and it was crap to be honest. After what seemed like no time at all the speedo needle was as wobbly as it was with the old original cable I had taken out!

I swallowed the cost and bought a new one from Peugeot, which didn't go wobbly for the rest of the time I had that car (another couple of years or so).