• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
si-mi16

Rear Wheel Locked On 206 Gti. Help!

si-mi16

hi all, need some help guys.

With all the bad weather and poor road conditions lately i have managed to bump my car. back end of car skipped out and wheel hit the kerb and stopped my dead!

Was only travelling about 5mph but the rear wheel is now ever so slightly bent, like the wheel camber is going inwards. could anyone tell me what i could/need to do to fix this problem? regards simon

welshpug

Replace the stub axle most likely.

si-mi16

my friend is handy with the tools and will be doing the work, but could you give abit of info of what you think would need to be replaced.

i.e, photos of the axle stub,

also guys had a slight knocking from the front of the car for a while now,can feel it when going over bumps and when on right hand lock, feels like the steering is loose, what could this be?

welshpug

the stub axle is what the rear wheel bearing sits on, the wheel bearing is secured by a large nut under the grease cap.

knock the bent stub out with a copper hammer, source a straight sub axle and knock back in, fit new wheel bearing and tighten hub-nut to spec.

when removing the new stub axle from trailing arm in donor use a press if possible to minimise chance of damaging the threaded end, they tend to mushroom if struck off-square.

knocking at the front is likely to be droplinks or balljoint, either lower arm or track rods.

si-mi16

thanks welshpug, bang on with the info there mate, cheers for your help

si-mi16

anybody got a spare 206 gti rear axle stub they are willing to part with???? pretty please

RossD

Peugeot Sport will sell you a brand new one for about £12 :(

si-mi16

thanks for your reply rossD. so only £12 for a rear axle stub you say? what about places like europarts and gsf? also im abit worried it of what xally it could be. i know welshpug is clued up, but with my discription wheel hitting kerb side on now wheel stuck and camber pointing inwards toward bottom of wheel. would this defo be the axle stub or could it be more than this? im getting up in the air to find out tomorrow