• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gibbo GTI

Finally Rebuilt My Beam

Gibbo GTI

I have finally managed to pull my finger out and rebuild my beam and convert it to discs brakes at the same time. The beam is fitted with a 24mm anti-roll bar and 24mm torsion bars (supplied by Anthony), new trailing arm shafts, seals, bearings etc..

I'll be starting a build thread for my track car soon with more details and pics of progress.

Rearbeamalmostfinished.jpg

Rearbeamalmostfinished2.jpg

madspikes

Looking good... I should really pull my finger out and rebuild my beam! Might print the these pictures our for motivation!!

Mad.

All Praise The GTI

WOW!! that looks great. nice work ;)

Miles

I would stick some bolts in the ARB end plate as they can fall off just with the plastic bung's fitted

jord294
I would stick some bolts in the ARB end plate as they can fall off just with the plastic bung's fitted

i take it that's because the oversized arb, isn't as snug a fit on the splines in the endplates, compared to oe

is the 24mm arb, a shortened gti6 one?

Gibbo GTI

Thanks all.

The ARB is not a cut down gti6, it was made along with the torsion bars from raw material. The fit in the end plates with brand new splines is very tight.