• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HERMAN

Omp Steering Wheel

HERMAN

As the question really I might treat my 205 to one. I am looking at the OMP Corsica one but I was wondering what depth other people have found to work without being to far away from the switches ect. Is the 90MM dish a bit deep? Also as anybody ever brought one of these cheap copy's? If so what were they like for quality?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Steering-Wheel-Corsi...=item255fb2c306

Cheers

Neil

welshpug

really depends how long your arms and legs are, as well as what angle you have your seat at, and how bent you prefer your arms to be.

quite a personal thing I'm afraid!

edit, depends how big your hands are too!

Edited by welshpug

Anthony

It's probably somewhat down to personal preference - I personally dislike dished aftermarket steering wheels as, for me, they bring the wheel too close to you once you've added on the mounting boss (and quick-release kit if applicable) as well.

Henry Yorke

I have spaced my steering wheel out so I can left foot brake a bit better and also not smack my knees on the bottom of the wheel. The first time I experienced a spaced out wheel was driving a WMMS rally car around Folembray which had a fancy boss and I was amazed. I did this on my CTI by using a standard aftermarket Momo boss and then adding a quick release to it. A quick release usually comes with a shortened boss to compensate, so I got rid of that!

The stalks are obviously a bit further away but it makes it much easier for me to drive. Tom F had a go in mine at Curborough and said he quite liked the positioning

MikeyB13

Ive just fitted an OMP Corsica 90mm dish steering wheel and find the position of the pedals in relation to the steering wheel much improved.

The switches are a bit of a stretch at first but you soon get used to it.

Also my mates have a copy OMP on there car and there doesnt seem to be a massive difference in quality.

Edited by MikeyB13

Atari Boy

I have one of those copies and I have been very happy with it so far, I have had it fitted for about 18 months to my track 205.

It is starting to show slights signs of wear but nothing major.

GTI6BOY

I fitted the corsica but modified my 90mm boss so it was nearly standard

HERMAN

Thanks for the imput guys sorry for not repliying sooner crazy week.

I am going to give the corsica copy a go in 90mm.

Cheers

Neil

Atari Boy

The only minor down side is that the indicator stalk is quite as finger tip close as with the OE wheel.