• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tomcolinjones

Citroen Bx 266mm Front Caliper / Disc With Handbrake

tomcolinjones

Hello again. i have fitted the bx calipers with the smaller pad carrier, so to use the solid disc, i agree that is it pointless, and would never get hot enough to get uprated pads working properly,threfore adding un needed weight.

At the moment i have 283mm vts (gti6) setup on the front, in the future when i get a bit more competative at the road rallying, i want to go down to 14" tyres due to the better choice and availability of good tyres.

i have 2 lots of the 1.9 setup here, but i was wondering if the 266 mm setup is worth having. i guess more to do with piston size rather than actual disc size? although a larger disc would increace the leverage, but a larger piston would give a better clamping force? anyhow, if the 266mm setup from the s16's i think,is good or if it is bad, please give me the heads up, i would like something a little larger than the gti 1.9 brakes, as i am using a gti6 engine, and will be doing a bit of road rallying. for peice of mind more than anything. and i shall be using ds2500/ds3000 in the front, also have bias adjustable pedal box.

Edited by tomcolinjones

Rippthrough

I'd be very surprised if you overheated those pads even on solid rear discs tbh! :mellow:

welshpug

S16 although they have a 54mm piston and more leverage, do have teeeeny pads, 99mm long, 1.9 pads are about 5mm longer and just as deep, but I'm not sure what the piston size is, other than that there's the 57mm piston in the gti6 caliper and a 130mm long pad, but as mentioned do need 15" wheels.

I'd be inclined to stick with 1.9 calipers and try some decent pads, trouble with the more obscure 266mm calipers is that many will cost a lot more for a performance pad as they aren't widely used.

tomcolinjones
S16 although they have a 54mm piston and more leverage, do have teeeeny pads, 99mm long, 1.9 pads are about 5mm longer and just as deep, but I'm not sure what the piston size is, other than that there's the 57mm piston in the gti6 caliper and a 130mm long pad, but as mentioned do need 15" wheels.

I'd be inclined to stick with 1.9 calipers and try some decent pads, trouble with the more obscure 266mm calipers is that many will cost a lot more for a performance pad as they aren't widely used.

so to stick with the 1.9 calipers then, some good discs and ferodo ds2500 pads, should do the job. also a bit of weight in them gti6 calipers... cant be good for unsprung weight.

tomcolinjones
so to stick with the 1.9 calipers then, some good discs and ferodo ds2500 pads, should do the job. also a bit of weight in them gti6 calipers... cant be good for unsprung weight.

the gti6 calipers + discs + pads are for sale on ebay, but if any one wants them on here, please make an offer. i have 2 sets