• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dariooo

Brakes From Gti To 1.4

Dariooo

Helo

It's possible to instal a gti (1.9 or 1.6) front brakes (caliper and discs) on 205 1.4 ??

I had to change somethnih more then only a caliper and disc right? I had to change a hub, front whishbone, front suspension...?

RossD

1.9 Girlings should be a straight swap - just bolt the caliper and vented disc on.

Same for the ATE vented setup used on the 106\306 etc.

It's 1.6 brakes that require thought as the offset in the hub is different to the 1.9 and base models.

vinorak
Helo

It's possible to instal a gti (1.9 or 1.6) front brakes (caliper and discs) on 205 1.4 ??

I had to change somethnih more then only a caliper and disc right? I had to change a hub, front whishbone, front suspension...?

Yes it is. You need discs for 1.9 88 or 94kW gti, http://katalog.mjauto.cz/foto.phtml?kod=DF1221&

Calipers fit both (bendix or girling)

http://forum.205gti.org/download/file.php?...0&mode=view girling on 1.1

http://forum.205gti.org/download/file.php?...1&mode=view bendix on 1.4

<_<

Edited by vinorak

gtmotorsport

Good upgrade on a 1.4 to put 1.9gti fronts on, but your more than likely going to want to change the master cylinder to reduce the peddle travel issues from changing.

vinorak
Good upgrade on a 1.4 to put 1.9gti fronts on, but your more than likely going to want to change the master cylinder to reduce the peddle travel issues from changing.

I´m Using 20.6mm master brake cilinder and gti vacum servo unit. Great combination on 1.4

allye

Search is your friend. Been covered many times before.

tomcolinjones

i used the standard xs m/c for a while, not a problem with pedal travel (i couldnt tell it was further), with both front and rear 1.9 setup, you need the shorter bolts from the 1.9 gti to fit the calipers to the hubs, great improvement over the non vented setup, you will need 14" or bigger wheels, some 1.6 gti alloys need a 3 or 4mm spacer on the front, to prevent the inner rim scraping the caliper.

hope this helps.

tom.

tomcolinjones
i used the standard xs m/c for a while, not a problem with pedal travel (i couldnt tell it was further), with both front and rear 1.9 setup, you need the shorter bolts from the 1.9 gti to fit the calipers to the hubs, great improvement over the non vented setup, you will need 14" or bigger wheels, some 1.6 gti alloys need a 3 or 4mm spacer on the front, to prevent the inner rim scraping the caliper.

hope this helps.

tom.

come to think of it, i have nearly new pads, good calipers, and discs here, and a set of good bolts, so you could do the whole conversion. pm me if your interested, would be looking at 50 pounds plus postage

AdamP

Go for 1.9gti discs and 1.6gti pad carriers. Basically just a vented version of the original setup and no need to bother messing with the hydraulics, and fits under a lot of 13" wheels unlike the 1.9 calipers.

vinorak
Go for 1.9gti discs and 1.6gti pad carriers. Basically just a vented version of the original setup and no need to bother messing with the hydraulics, and fits under a lot of 13" wheels unlike the 1.9 calipers.

I have 13" wheels and 1.9 girling calipers, but it need bit grind (+-2mm)

http://forum.205gti.org/download/file.php?...1&mode=view