• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tomcolinjones

Compbrake Twin M/c Kit

tomcolinjones

Hi, I am part way through fitting my compbrake twin master cylinder kit, http://www.compbrake.co.uk/Pedal-Boxes/Dir...e/prod_407.html

I am unsure where to mount the remote reservoirs, as the thick hoses supplied do not bend, they just kink when i try to put the resevoirs any where near the bulkhead. also the resevoirs are too wide to fit next to eachother on the cylinders. if anyone has fitted these then please advise or upload a picture or something, otherwise im going to orded some AP integral m/cylinders ( resevoir built in)

Edited by tomcolinjones

Tom Fenton

This pic doesn't show the reservoirs, but they are the same as the ones in your picture. You can see how I've done it.

205turbo004-6.jpg

tomcolinjones
This pic doesn't show the reservoirs, but they are the same as the ones in your picture. You can see how I've done it.

205turbo004-6.jpg

so they are up by the wiper linkage then? good idea, will give it a shot, should save me 60 quid on new cylinders! are you happy with the setup?

p.s where did you get the banjo bolts from?

Edited by tomcolinjones

Tom Fenton

They are awkward to mount but yes, both my cars are like this. Banjo bolts are nothing that special, available from any decent hydraulics place, my local got me these in with no trouble.