• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CTI STU

Rallye Arches On A Gti? Also Rallye Stickers On A Gti?

CTI STU

Is it easy to put the rallye arches on to a Gti, if I took the Gti kit off will they fit straight on?

Also anyone ever put the 205 rallye stickers on a Gti or got any pics of it been done?

Thanks

pugpete1108

gti trim is pretty easy to remove, but you will need to grind off the pins that hold the door mouldings on. this will mean spraying the doors.

arches will need bonding on. mine were a pain in the arse to fit and ended up using self tappers to hold them on.

i will be fixing this issue before getting a respray though

here are mine fitted:

HPIM3297.jpg

HPIM3300.jpg

Redtop

On the eu rallye the arches are done the same way as the gti's with the holes on them for securing. Is it fibreglass copy arches or genuine rallye ones? They have 5mm iirc threaded bolts on the actual arch and it's just a matter of bolting them on. If it's fibreglass then sometimes moulds are naff and they fit like fa, but will need bonded on somehow. If you need to grind the lugs off the doors would it not be better to sell your 2 decent gti doors for decent money, then get 2 ordinary base doors abit cheaper and paint them instead, no?

allye

When buying the arches it can be very hit and miss, I guess I was lucky and got some that went on straight on with no cutting or modifying. The first time I put them on I only used silkaflex which worked very well, however after a few months where it was stuck onto the bumpers it started to come off, never looked perfect round there any way, so when I put them on again I will bond some bolts on where to arches stick to the bumpers. heres how I did it first time round.

IMGP5156.jpg

IMGP5158.jpg

IMGP5159.jpg

IMGP5154.jpg

carsmall-.png

As for the stickers, no, just no! The PTS sticker on the grill is quite acceptable but not the entire set!

Ali

Edited by allye

feb

Very tidy Rallye you have there Ali!

harryskid

Nice job! :lol:

harryskid

Just a though could they be riveted on then filled. :lol:

unariciflocos

I glued screws on the inside of the arches with epoxy glue and re drilled the wings as I had to fit new ones.

For extra strength you can use windscreen sealant, that stuff is just amazing.

The T16 kit is a bit too much for a road car, but considering mine does more races than road time, I couldn't resist it. And the light blue is a right pain to stick on if you have Rallye arches, I ended up painting it on since I couldn't get the vinyl on without creases.

C1610-0100.JPG

I do wonder sometimes if it would have been better to just leave it in plain white.

IMAG0442.jpg

Edited by unariciflocos

MerlinGTI
I do wonder sometimes if it would have been better to just leave it in plain white.

No way dude, your 205 looks propper how it is now :lol:

djvu205
No way dude, your 205 looks propper how it is now :)

which arches are most people fitting im currently looking at buying these ones here.

will they require me to cut the rear arch on my car which is equivilant to a 205 xs?

can you still buy the ones with the recess" in them and bolt on? seems to be a few different types out there, but im not sure which ones are which and what ones are still available from where :lol: