• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mhyphenl

Front Sub Frame

mhyphenl

Just after an opinion really. Got the front suspension all stripped down and I'm deciding whether to send it off to be blasted and powder coated or just hammerite it. There is actually very little rust on it and alot of the black paint is still there but I'm aiming for perfection! Has anyone had suspension parts powder coated? How long does it stay pristine for and is it better than Hammerite?

Might get the springs done and the rear trailing arms if it's worth it!

omega

DO NOT USE HAMMERITE

it looks good for a short while,but it chips very easy then water gets in and it wil rust.

tri_longer

I've had a subframe blasted and coated. Far better finish than the Hammerite that was on it before hand, much tougher and harder wearing. Mine is not a regular use car though so I expect that it will last a lot longer than a daily driver.

mhyphenl
I've had a subframe blasted and coated. Far better finish than the Hammerite that was on it before hand, much tougher and harder wearing. Mine is not a regular use car though so I expect that it will last a lot longer than a daily driver.

Ok, point taken, I'm going to get the trailing arms and the springs done too then! It will be a show car, (if I ever finish it) so it's worth it!

jord294

i've had subframe powder coated, along with most other parts

definately a better quality finish :)