• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smithy

Rear Bump Stops

smithy

The bump stops on mine are well and truly shot so I have been looking at different options.

Standard

Updated nylon types

And I have also seen a type that you slide on to shocker shaft and limit the travel that way,has anyone used this type before if so any good?

Or is it better to just go with the standard type?

JRL

Go for standard. I did mine in the summer the cups the rubbers sit in do rust badly but if you cover them in wd40 night before you do the job let it soak in and they do come of. The holder on mine turned to dust. Its worth doing especially on the driver side because if there is no bumpstop the fuel pipe can be rubbed and split by the wheel.

Henry Yorke

I thought they were no longer available from Peugeot? Are they now back in stock?

JRL

im not sure if they are still available, iv had mine sitting in a box of spares for a few years.

SurGie

HERE is the one in case you need the part number, its actually called the 'rebound block'.

I hope they do still supply them because im also in need for a pair very soon.

smithy

Thanks for all the replies standard it is then,local pug dealer have not got any but have seen a set on fleabay,they are brand new pug originals for £25 with p+p I think.

welshpug

have you tried ordering them instead of giving up because a dealer hasn't got a part for a 20 year old car on the shelf?

probably get them in a day or two if peugeot uk have them in the warehouse.

the only bump stops currently marked NFP are the early van items, gti are 5166 28, £10.13 each, as a complete unit by the looks of it.

I think van items may be stiffer, they did run stiffer torsion bars, but without seeing the parts I'd not like to say, they are a five more each, 5166 48.

Edited by welshpug

smithy
have you tried ordering them instead of giving up because a dealer hasn't got a part for a 20 year old car on the shelf?

probably get them in a day or two if peugeot uk have them in the warehouse.

the only bump stops currently marked NFP are the early van items, gti are 5166 28, £10.13 each, as a complete unit by the looks of it.

I think van items may be stiffer, they did run stiffer torsion bars, but without seeing the parts I'd not like to say, they are a five more each, 5166 48.

who said i had given up??? my local dealer are not the most helpful they said non in stock and did not know if could get them still, i do not expect parts for 205's to be on shelf.

but i will certainly try another dealer who may well be of more help,thanks for the part number

Tom Fenton

They are certainly still available, I bought one a month ago or so.

edbar

Ordered mine today from main agent! :)