• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiamiGus

Wtf! Why Dont These Fit?

MiamiGus

Right i'm on the second set now, trying to upgrade the 205's front brakes to 280mm from a zsara using the hubs etc. With both sets the ball joint holes are about 2mm too large!!

I.m using 1.6 lower arms if this makes a difference?

Can anyone suggest a way round this or a solution to the problem that mean I can use the hubs, calipers i've cleaned, stripped and painted B).

Tom Fenton

You are using hubs from a late Xsara or 306 which use 18mm balljoints. The 205 uses 16mm, as do some earlier 306/Xsara. You cannot use those hubs on a 205. You need 205 1900 hubs. 306/Xsara 16mm hubs will fit, but give you positive camber (not good).

Edited by Tom Fenton

MiamiGus

Thanks Tom. Looks like I'll have to get a wanted post for some good 1.9 hubs. :D

andy0075
You are using hubs from a late Xsara or 306 which use 18mm balljoints. The 205 uses 16mm, as do some earlier 306/Xsara. You cannot use those hubs on a 205. You need 205 1900 hubs. 306/Xsara 16mm hubs will fit, but give you positive camber (not good).

On my 205 1.9 GTI somebody mounted 309 arms with the hole Frontbrake from a 306GTI6 (283mm brake) including the hubs.

Do these hubs give positiv camber too ?

Because i thought with the 309 arms on a 205 i should get about 1-1,5° camber and i only have 0,5°

And is it also possible that these hubs make the track wider ? I found it does look like this compared to other GTI's.

regards

Andy

Anthony

306 GTi-6 hubs give positive camber compared to 205/309 1.9 GTi hubs, although this is largely offset by the negative camber that 309 GTi wishbones give when fitted to a 205.

If they're 306 GTi-6 hubs then they should have ABS sensors/holes and be the later "hollow cast" design btw.

andy0075
306 GTi-6 hubs give positive camber compared to 205/309 1.9 GTi hubs, although this is largely offset by the negative camber that 309 GTi wishbones give when fitted to a 205.

If they're 306 GTi-6 hubs then they should have ABS sensors/holes and be the later "hollow cast" design btw.

Thank you Anthony !! Then i have to swap to 205 hubs immediately :-)

Andy