• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

Peugeot To Sony Head Unit Iso Lead?

allye

I'v always had to have 2 iso leads behind my sony head unit. One to connect the peugeot plug to generic iso plug (most head units) then one from the normal iso plug to the Sony head unit!

Can I buy a straight Peugeot to Sony iso lead? Or is the only way make a love child of the two? which I would rather not do.

Thanks, Ali

(PS I had a good look and can't find one)

Obey_R

I'm 99.9% sure there isn't anything about. I work in Motorworld and haven't seen/heard/been able to get anything like it.

The whole idea of the ISO is to make it easier to plug any stereo into it, so once you have the Peugeot >ISO plug, you can fit your Sony, Apline, JVC etc. If we were to start producing and selling vehicle specific leads to a specific headunit, the number of stock items would more than treble in size!

marksorrento205

My sony head unit is plugged in as yours is mate. You could cut both of the looms and join them, loosing the extra plugs and wiring. But for what you would gain I would not bother as they work fine as they are :)

stuart1298

i maybe wrong, but autoleads used to do loads of bits like this, i had an old sony tape deck in my first 205, a little 1.1, (and the love for 205s has never died) i'm sure i had a cable that went sony, to peugeot

Stevo309

If it was me I'd cut the 2 redundant plugs off and join the wires to create what you need as you already have the 2 plugs you need and it won't mean spending extra cash.

Depends how good you are with the soldering iron though. Less connections is always good but I would only solder the wires and heat shrink. I would rather have 4 multi-plus under there than bullets so I wouldn't recommend that route.

allye

Thanks for the replies, when I come to rewire the speaker cable and fit some half decent speakers I'll cut the middle plug out and solder and shrink wrap it.

Cheers again

Ali