• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205*31*

Drivers Wing

205*31*

Ok I have had another replacement drivers wing for awhile now so today decided to start trying to take old one of (didn't get far) ;)

Basically I started under the bonnet from what I could see there are 4 10mm bolts so started to undo these managed to get 3 of although 1 I sheared the bolt of :( but the very top bolt above indicator is just spinning now won't come out :D I can't see how I can access underneath to hold the square threaded part they go into. Have I gone completely the wrong way about this is there an easier method?

cheers.

Edited by 205*31*

205*31*

some good news for me too it hasn't been bonded on the wing just bolted by looks of it so when someone has suggestions on removing this spinning bolt and get rest of bolts of should just pop of ;)

steve@cornwall
some good news for me too it hasn't been bonded on the wing just bolted by looks of it so when someone has suggestions on removing this spinning bolt and get rest of bolts of should just pop of ;)

Make sure you get the bolts behind the bumper and bolted through behind the r/h kick plate inside the car and , assuming you are not saving the old wing, just peel it off using brute force to pull the wing through the bolt head, you can then easily hacksaw through the old bolt. Or just grind off the bolt head.

It's possible that the captive nuts are still available from Pug? After having this problem I have had a "temporary" S/S self tapper standing in for this bolt for quite a while now!

205*31*
Make sure you get the bolts behind the bumper and bolted through behind the r/h kick plate inside the car and , assuming you are not saving the old wing, just peel it off using brute force to pull the wing through the bolt head, you can then easily hacksaw through the old bolt. Or just grind off the bolt head.

It's possible that the captive nuts are still available from Pug? After having this problem I have had a "temporary" S/S self tapper standing in for this bolt for quite a while now!

Hi Steve thanks for reply. So I guess this is gonna need wheel taking of :) I was hoping since this was a road rally car and not cared for all that well that the only bolts kinda holding it on was these top 4 10mm ones under bonnet. So once the wheel is off are these other bolts fairly easy to spot behind bumper, and I have no idea where the this kick plate is inside car :)

cheers, lee.