• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tom Fenton

Rear Beam Bushes

Tom Fenton

So I've a length of nylon waiting to go into the lathe to make some solid beam front bushes. I was hoping servicebox would do the business and tell me the dimensions as it sometimes does, but alas no.

I know that the outer shoulder is 40mm dia, and the hole is 12mm, but does anyone know the length, and the stepped down diameter that fits into the beam casting?

Obviously I can remove my old ones and then measure, but I was hoping if someone knows, to make the bushes one night this week, and then do a straight swap in-out at the weekend.

So if anyone has some kicking about, measurements would be great!

JRL

I have some baker bm acetal front beam mounts still in the pack do you want a measurement from those?

Tom Fenton

That would be superb if possible, thanks!

JRL

34mm in length

8mm step

I used a crappy taylor tape measure i dont have clipers but im guessing if you do it slightly bigger you can file it down?

miamichris

^^ 100mm is a bit big I think! :o

The drawing in the link above that cybernck did looks exactly what you're after Tom.

Tom Fenton

Gents, superb, I did have a brief search but wasn't expecting to find the answer.

Thats my task for the lathe tomorrow night then!

M@tt

out of interest i thought the rear beam mounts had offset bolts or have i remembered that completely wrong?? as the one pictured in that doc apear to have a single hole all the way through

JRL

dont know how I got 100mm think I was doing circumference of the smaller end I was using a tape measure designed for measuring body fat % :o

Anthony
out of interest i thought the rear beam mounts had offset bolts or have i remembered that completely wrong?? as the one pictured in that doc apear to have a single hole all the way through

The studs that go through the shell are offset relative to the bolt that goes through the beamtube, but it's just a normal bolt that secures the mount to the beamtube.

pug_ham

Tom's looking to make the bushes below for the front mount;

rearbeamrefurb24.jpg

rearbeamrefurb36.jpg

Graham.

Henry Yorke

I've got 4 BBM bushes here in a packet if you want to borrow them for reference Tom

SurGie

Yesterday i had mine pushed out by my engineer place for a fiver, so i could be interested if you did a group buy.

Tom Fenton

Thanks for the offer H, the drawing that is linked to above is more than good enough though, I'll just double check the dimensions and then bang some out on the lathe.

Surgie I'm just making some for me because I have a lathe and therefore can, I'm not about to stand on Stew Bakers toes because he serves our Peugeot community well with good products. So in other words if you want some then please contact Stew who will no doubt have them on the shelf and with you within a couple of days.

Tom Fenton

BOSH!

bushes001.jpg

M@tt

bish bash bosh!

Henry Yorke

Cue M@tt on eBay looking for nylon for his lathe...

The Baker BM ones have a slight taper on the ends to assist getting them into the beam for a nice tight fit.

Stevo309

They look great Tom. I just fitted Baker solid mounts a few weeks back, had to grease them and use a rubber mallet to get them in but i can vouch for the quality of the Baker items and the service. Stu had them with me the next day. The solid rear-ward alloy block mounts with offset studs are really nice.

I found them not to give any noticable increase in road noise either but a good tight feeling to the handling.