• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrG

Heated Mirrors

MrG

On later GTI's, is the wiring in place to install heated wing mirrors?

If not then. IF you managed to aquire some mirrors that were heated, how hard would it be to wire them in, and would they work off the heated rear screen switch?

Miles

No the wiring is not there, Only the Gentry's had them AFAIK.

But yes they work of the heated screen relay so no problems there, Handy this time of year

Alastairh

STDT's had them. Easy to retro wire in if you couldn't get hold of the original looms.

Al

stufarri

I bought some of these off marksorrento205 and was hoping they were and easy fit - Mark said they were.

That said, I have got carried away and fancy electric heated mirrors using the 205 mirror cases but Ford fiesta interals and moving mirror. I bought some tired Mk 4 Fiesta mirrors off ebay and will be opening them up in the coming weeks and working out if it is possible.

If all fails I'll just fit the heated 205 ones linked into the heated rear screen loom (and also fit my soon to be purchased heated screen and seats too) Bring on the winter!

Edited by stufarri