• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dee205

Beam Refurb Bits

welshpug

easy enough to check yourself on servicebox :lol:

515408 SUSP ARM SEAL 4.91 GBP

513249 SOCKET 9.04 GBP

513145 SOCKET 8.71 GBP

is what you get in the kit (+ vat)

mhyphenl

The Top hat 'cup' is the part that pushes onto the shaft is it not? In terms of fitting the shafts and cup, how far do you press the shafts into the trailing arms and does the cup go right up to the trailing arm? I recently had my shafts pushed out to get the trailing arms powder coated and noticed that on one arm the cup was pushed right up and the shaft was set in from the other side of the arm about 2mm ie not flush. The other side the cup was a couple of mm away fron the arm and the other side was set in about 5mm, a bit like it had been partly pushed out!? What is correct?

Sorry for the hijack :lol:

Anthony

Shafts should be pressed in so that they're about 2mm or so recessed into the arm.

The cup should be fitted so that it is flush against the arm.

mhyphenl
Shafts should be pressed in so that they're about 2mm or so recessed into the arm.

The cup should be fitted so that it is flush against the arm.

Thats great! Whats the best way to push the cups on without deforming them? They're not very sturdy things!

dino20vt
easy enough to check yourself on servicebox B)

515408 SUSP ARM SEAL 4.91 GBP

513249 SOCKET 9.04 GBP

513145 SOCKET 8.71 GBP

is what you get in the kit (+ vat)

Yea I should really get myself an account, would make things alot easier! I've tried several times but failed, but it doesn't take much to stump me including the above. :lol:

To cut a long story short, I rebuilt a beam tube using A kit from Jimi. I've misplaced it shall we say (the beam tube)!! And am basically trying to buy again everything that was included in said kit.

So to clarify, the kit from Peugeot comes with an inner and outer bearing and the seal, no cup or zinc ring?

welshpug

nope, so you will need to buy them separately, I'm not sure where/how Jimi and Baz have got their pug boxed kits inc these items.