• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
edbar

Rear Bumpstops

edbar

Should a 205 have rear bump stops like the 309's? My 205 hasn't got any on and wondered if that was normal?

Thanks

Edd

welshpug

yes it should have them :)

one-lady-owner

And if they don't and you have a fully laden car the wheels will scrub the arches!

Anthony
And if they don't and you have a fully laden car the wheels will scrub the arches!

Worse than that - with a 205 beam, it will rub through the fuel filler pipe if the O/S bump stop is missing...

one-lady-owner

Having heard that (for the first time!) I'm quite glad the only one missing on mine is the N/S!

edbar

Balls! Do they bolt on then? mines missing both!

Tom Fenton

Yes they bolt on, they are commonly missing as the steel cup rots out and then they drop off. About £8 each from Peugeot, a bit awkward to replace, easier if you can drop the beam off.

JRL

Mine was missing and the wheel rubbed the thin hose on the driverside what is that hose a vent or overfill? Like Tom said the metal cups rust away the hard bit is trying to get the rubber in the new cup I lubed it up with soap and used a screwdiver to push it in.