• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cheesegrater

Bendix Calipers Onto The Autofive Conversion?

cheesegrater

Am I missing something? I've just gone to fit my autofive kit which originally came on a different style of caliper to the Bendix ones fitted to my car. Will it still work or will I need to change the calipers over?

Thanks

Tom.

pug_ham

It should still fit & work imo seeing as you can fit the 1.9 Girling calipers to the 1.6 GTI with no issues & Autofive used to sell a similar kit for the 1.6 GTI iirc.

Graham.

cheesegrater
It should still fit & work imo seeing as you can fit the 1.9 Girling calipers to the 1.6 GTI with no issues & Autofive used to sell a similar kit for the 1.6 GTI iirc.

Graham.

The Bendix calipers have the sliders bolted through to hub where as the Girling seem to have two tabs which bolt to the hub. is the fact that mines a 1.6 with ABS going to cause me grief because as far as im aware the 1.6 ABS's used 1.9 brakes and running gear...

pug_ham

I know the difference between how the calipers bolt to the hub but they have the same bolt spacing on the hub so are inter-changable for each other.

I've never seen the ABS set up on a 205 GTI closely but also thought & understood from whats been posted on here before they used the 1.9 hubs, discs & running gear & looking on service box (which isn't very clear on the ABS for non XU9JA) it does use 1.9 discs but still has Bendix calipers.

The autofive kit will still fit if its for a 1.9 imo.

Graham.