• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt205

1.6 Rear Beam Refurb - Recommendations Required

Matt205

I have searched the forum, but can't find any recent recommendations of anyone who refurbs the rear beam. I have a 1.6, which is slowing all the textbook signs of requiring a refurb, but I don't have the time or garage space/kit to undertake the work.

I'm about to move house next week, so the car will be in Telford. Any suggestions?

BusEngineer

Jord294 and Anthony are the usual suspects on here, good looking quality work, im sure a quick PM to either will get you a price

Tom Fenton

Depending on the condition I may be able to rebuild what is on the car without removing it.

Otherwise I have enough bits to build a beam away from the car and then exchange them.

I've done quite a few for members on here now so there are a few people you can speak to about beams I have done for them.

Matt205

Thanks

jord294

:lol: tom got there first

but if you need someone a bit nearer, i can get a 'no frills' 1.6 beam built for you within the next couple of days

would need to know if you want bushes fitting though

usually my 1.6 beams come with new brake cylinders and shoes

i will need you beam as a part x, or the price will be dearer

thanks

Anthony

I've replied to your PM Matt, but as said, you're probably best off speaking to Jord294 as he's based much closer to you than I am :lol: