• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gtmotorsport

205 Hub Differences

gtmotorsport

I have been looking for details on the hub differences on the front of 205's. I am aware from memory that the 1.6 and 1.9 gti have the obvious drive shaft size difference, but what differences are there between the base models and the 1.6gti hubs?

Reason for asking is I have the following sets of hubs -

1100 (still on the car)

1400 xs (still on the car)

1600 gti (in need of a rebuild)

and a new set of Wilwood 4pots designed for a 1.6gti (radial mounts), which hubs would be best suited and maybe give the widest track?

Which every hubs I use I will be rebuilding them so not an issue, but they are for a TU engined car with MA shafts. I don't want to use hybrid shafts at present.

Anthony

Base model hubs = 1.9 GTi offset and smaller driveshaft spline

1.6 GTi hubs = 1.6 GTi offset (approx 10mm wider per side) and smaller driveshaft spline

1.9 GTi hubs = 1.9 GTi offset and larger driveshaft spline

You can use 1.6 GTi hubs with base model driveshafts fine and results in 10mm wider track per side, and of course the 1.6 GTi Wilwoods will fit fine.

Hope that helps :D

(PS. by "hubs" I am refering to the complete hub and carrier assembly, not just the wheel hub itself)

gtmotorsport

Great, thanks for that Anthony. Was sure that someone would come back with a simple answer like you have, sure I am not the only one interested in this.

Will be on the look out for another set of 1.6gti hubs and carriers, as I would like to keep a spare set so I haven't got to bust a gut if wheel bearings need doing at any point mid season in the future.

Thanks again.

welshpug

to add further detail, the hub carrier and bearing between base model and 1.6 gti are the same, all the extra rack is in the hub flange itself at 10.1mm per side.

it would be best to go with the 1.6 gti flanges and the extra track to ensure you have enough clearance to the 4 pot calipers, they would work with 1.9 discs on the base model hubs (if indeed they were intended to run the standard 247x20 disc)

but there's be no guarantees of them clearing the wheels.