• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB13

Sparco Sprint Seats

MikeyB13

Hi been looking for a set of second hand bucket seats for a while now. Having read previous threads it seems that side mount seats are the ones to go for. The problem is the only side mount seats ive seen second hand seem to be on the expensive side. So ive been looking at budget new ones.

Fancy these,

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorsport/S...e_Seat/1761/956

Dont know if they are any better than Monaco Pros or Corbeau Forza's which seem to have recieved a lot of negative reviews on here. Has anyone tried them?

Was also wondering if they will fit directly to a 205 with the Sparco Sidemounts?

I know that they will sit a bit high and the long term plan is to lower the floor just need some seats asap so I can sell the leather ones that are currently in the car.

Edited by MikeyB13

Gibbo GTI

Haven't tried the seats but the concensus on here is to avoid steel frame seats.

large

I think it depends on what you want the car for. If you are going to spend long periods of time in the car these are the beat budget seats you can get IMO.

I have had them in my car for a number of years and find them one of the most comfortable seats I have sat in, I cant see why people knock them.

Even if you are not going to spend long in the car (track days/sprints) I would still pick the Sparco seat over anything in its price range and quite a bit higher. I would be looking at £250 to get the next seat I like so no competition.

Your best bet would to try some for yourself and make your own mind up.

16v205

I had sprints in my car a few years ago and they were good, only swapped them because they didnt have a hole in the base for the harness. My seat mounted from the underneath and wasnt side mount but i guess you can buy them to suit?

Rich

marksorrento205

I have a old style sprint seat. I have just driven 150 miles to cadwell and sat in a shed load of traffic, did a trackday then 150 miles home, again sat in a load of traffic and I got out feeling ok. I had a cobra seat before that and a 20 mile trip to work was enough before I wanted to skip it.

swordfish210

I have the Sparco Sprint V seats which do have a hole in the base so you can run a 5 or 6 point harness. They're decent seats and pretty comfy, they provide excellent lower body support but they are let down a bit by the upper body support. From what i recall the rails do not line up with the standard holes in the floor so you will have to make something up.

MikeyB13

Thanks for the replys. Certainly appear to be a better seat than the other budget options.

The car will be used for trackdays and maybe the odd short run.

welshpug

best bet is to sit in a few, you never know if they'll be suitable if you don't do that, regardless of price and ease of fitting