• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matty_gti

Graphite Colour Coded Or Black Bumpers+trim?

matty_gti

Well I'm getting round to rebuilding her and I'm not really sure on what bumpers and trim I should use seeing as I have a choice. Either colour coded or in the standard black. Here's a couple of pics of my old TT...

DSC00311.jpg

DSCN0145.jpg

The car next to the hedge in the first pic is the one I'm rebuilding so your thoughts and opinons please!.

:P

Edp

You know what I think :huh:

Peugeot knew what they where doing :)

EDIT: That turbo was very nice, why was it broken?

Edited by Edp

shalmaneser

keep it standard!!!!

CaptainK
keep it standard!!!!

^^ this. ;)

Peetypug

Forget the trim, keep it standard

But please please please please take a baseball bat to those M3 mirrors!

Anthony

I'm going to buck the trend here and say use the color-coded ones if you've already got them done ;)

Since it's Graphite and thus fairly dark already, the colour coded trim doesn't look out of place like it would do on a lighter car, and it is something a little bit different that makes the car look a little more modern - more 90's era than 80's - if that's your intention. Combined with the smooth boot panel I would say that it looks good and does suit the car - and this is coming from someone that generally speaking dislikes most cosmetic modifications when it comes to 205s.

The only thing that I'd say is that it will only look good with the colour-coded parts in good condition - once they start flaking and looking a bit tatty, it will look terrible (IMO atleast)

S@m

I am with Anthony on this one, Graphite Grey is pretty much the only colour 205 that looks good colour coded IMHO.

Sam

EDIT - Maybe Atlantic Blue aswell, but thats not exactly common.

Edited by Sam306

omega

another vote for the colour coded ones.

matty_gti

Thanks for the replys guys. And yes those mirrors went ages ago! B) .

Ed - It was broken due to rust :lol:

Anthony - That's what I was hoping to achieve, a slighter more modern/cleaner/different look with the colour coded parts however I think my TT was more of a steel grey so the trim would need painting again to match my graphite. Still not sure though! :lol:

Then do I go silver or goodwood style wheels??

Baz

I'd buck the trend again and say go black trims to contrast the grey, breaks it up a little as otherwise it just seems to much, no detail.

Henry Yorke

It would be interesting to see what steel arches and bumpers looked like on a graphite. It may give it a nice line round the middle and break up the grey.

I like the "deep dish" look on the goodwoods