• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smithy

Pas Cooler Pipe

smithy

The PAS cooler pipe loop on my 205 is corroded and i am wanting to change it while it is up on stands.

I am in the process of renewing fuel lines for same reason using 8mm copper microbore, has anyone else renewed the PAS pipe and if so what pipe did you use?

Local pug dealer say part no longer available so i toyed with idea of 10mm copper pipe however not sure if it will withstand the pressure?

Ryan

10mm copper will be fine. It's in the return line so there's no pressure.

smithy

Thanks for info

james_ix

Can anyone put a picture on here as to where this cooler pipe is fitted?

I have a pas to retro fit to my 205 gti and have no idea where to mount this pipe.

Anthony

It mounts under the passenger front footwell, alongside the brake line that's already there using different clips.

james_ix
It mounts under the passenger front footwell, alongside the brake line that's already there using different clips.

I think I know where you mean...i shall go and have a look....

james_ix

I have had a look and the clips are not there. but not a problem. My only question is does the cooler pipe go under or over the exhaust down pipe?

Anthony

The clips are only there on PAS cars, so if you're retrofitting PAS, you'll need to order/obtain the clips to replace the existing brake-line only ones.

The PAS hoses run along the subframe, underneath the exhaust and gear linkages

james_ix
The clips are only there on PAS cars, so if you're retrofitting PAS, you'll need to order/obtain the clips to replace the existing brake-line only ones.

The PAS hoses run along the subframe, underneath the exhaust and gear linkages

Thanks for the information. I have a much better idea now and will be having a go at fitting it tomorrow. Wish me luck!!!

Daviewonder

I retro fitted a PS setup from a 309 on my 205 and it didn't have the cooling loop, never had any problems with out it.

Anthony

If you're fitting it to an 8v, by far the hardest bit is fitting the solid pipe where it goes round the block, under the inlet and onto the pump. It's a horrible, fiddly job when everything is in place and fitted frankly - the rest of it is simple and straight forward.

james_ix

Yeah its going on an 8v road rally car. Fancied the pas to help with the hand brake turns (only private roads obviously ;) )

Anthony

If it's going to be used on the rough, I'd be tempted to bypass the cooling loop and run without, as it's fairly exposed underneath the car and liable to make a mess if it gets split and damaged. Only thing I don't know is whether the amount of work the steering gets on a road-rally woiuld overheat the fluid or not - certainly it doesn't seem to be an issue without on the road and on track, for what that's worth.

james_ix

I can see what you mean, but the sump guard I run extends way past the sub frame and should give a decent amount of protection. TOUCH WOOD

james_ix

Another question to this thread. I am slowly getting there and seemed to have figured the pipefittings, thanks for the previous advice, however has anyone got a picture of where they have fitted the reservoir bottle?

As a note I have K&N induction kit on the near side.

Thanks