• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pacmannewry

Rear Window Demister

pacmannewry

Mine has detached on one side and isn't working. Should I solder it straight back on or does anyone recommend an alternative (as I'm not confident with the solder)?

Cheers in advance.

Paddy

damien

There is some repair stuff you can get from halfords. It comes in a small pot with a brush I would use that.can't remember off the top of my head the name of the stuff or how much it is

pacmannewry
A job i need to do too,

try this suff you can also use it to repair circuit boards. I couldnt see this granville stuff on halfords website but they may have it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heated-Screen-Repair..._Accessories_ET

Cheers folks - I did seem to remember someone in here mentioning a fix from Halfords before.

Ren

I think that stuff is just to repair the lines if they get damaged, if I'm reading your post right I think one of the terminals have come off, correct? If so I don't think that stuff works, you need a conductive glue, sure I posted a link on here a while ago, I'll see if I can find it for you.

Taadaa - see this topic for the link to the glue. http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...=116597&hl=

Edited for the 2nd time - Don't try and solder it, the heat will make it go pop, I've done a few at work before but the glass has always been laying flat so the solder will drip onto it and pool up a bit before putting the terminal on to it. We have to have a second person spraying the underside of the glass with water to keep the heat down as well. Wouldn't like to try it on the car as the solder would just run down the glass a bit.

Ren

Edited by Ren

pacmannewry
I think that stuff is just to repair the lines if they get damaged, if I'm reading your post right I think one of the terminals have come off, correct? If so I don't think that stuff works, you need a conductive glue, sure I posted a link on here a while ago, I'll see if I can find it for you.

Taadaa - see this topic for the link to the glue. http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...=116597&hl=

Edited for the 2nd time - Don't try and solder it, the heat will make it go pop, I've done a few at work before but the glass has always been laying flat so the solder will drip onto it and pool up a bit before putting the terminal on to it. We have to have a second person spraying the underside of the glass with water to keep the heat down as well. Wouldn't like to try it on the car as the solder would just run down the glass a bit.

Ren

Cheers for this Ren - from your other thread you seemed to think it was Adhesion Plus but you were unsure if it was conductive - did you find out and was it Adhesion Plus?

Also, do you know what price?

Ren

I'm 95% that it's the conductive one but unfortunately the one at work has disappeared so I can't check it. Not sure where to get it from either but try some local motorfactors as they might be able to get hold of it.

Ren

Well I've found the one at work today and it is definitely Kent Automotive Adhesion Plus and definitely conductive. Still no idea where to get it from though I'm afraid.

Ren

pacmannewry
Well I've found the one at work today and it is definitely Kent Automotive Adhesion Plus and definitely conductive. Still no idea where to get it from though I'm afraid.

Ren

Many thanks Ren - I picked up a small tube off ebay and with the help of some superglue to hold it place after I applied the conductive glue, its working a treat.

Cheers

Paddy

JRL

paddy what did you use in the end? im glad you had success I need to do mine.

pacmannewry
paddy what did you use in the end? im glad you had success I need to do mine.

Hi mate,

This is the stuff I used: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

One side was completely detached but this stuff couldn't hold it long enough as tbf I don't think it's that strong a glue. So I used it on the top and bottom and then splashed a dollop of superglue in the middle to hold it on.

It's been holding (and working thank God) since yesterday.

Paddy