• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTIAndy

Help Identifying Rear Shocks

GTIAndy

Hi these shocks were on a beam I bought can anyone tell which type they are they are wider bodied than the originals I took off.

Part No: Pug ULR 9600026580 215MO

Thanks Andy

DSC05116.jpg

pug_ham

They look like original 205 GTI ones to me, I just checked an old pair I have downstairs with the same yellow band around & the same letter & numbers.

What shocks did you remove?

Graham.

jord294

andy

the beam looks well, but please tell me you haven't routed the brakeline over where the bumpstop would hit on the trailing arm :mellow:

GTIAndy

Thanks Andy the beam looks great and is a big improvement. I'd better check the brake pipes! the local garage fitted it for me. Any pics out there of how they should be?

Graham I don't know what the old ones were they were just thinner in dia and old and rusty so I thought I would put these newer ones on from my spare beam, just wondered what they were, kind of hoped they might be GTI 6 ones.

andy

the beam looks well, but please tell me you haven't routed the brakeline over where the bumpstop would hit on the trailing arm :o

Edited by GTIAndy

jord294
016.jpg

jord294

and another one

miami003-2.jpg

Miles

Those pipes are Dangerious routed like that, the garage have no idea by the looks of it, All 106, 206, 306 etc use the same layout so no excuse to get it wrong

GTIAndy

Thanks for the pictures Andy will get back to the garage!

Anthony

They look like standard 205 1.9 GTi shocks to me - 1.6 have a blue stripe, and 1.9 have a yellow stripe.

GTi-6 and most later 306/Xsara rear shocks have no stripe but have a numbered white sticker.

As others have said, those brake pipes need to be removed and redone / rerouted.

Mart Pug

Andy - where did you get the beam refurbished? Anyone local to us (Notts?)