• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
daveyboyblack

New Shafts And Wishbones

daveyboyblack

So although it wasn't picked up on the MOT (which failed anyway)... I took the car out for the first time today since fitting 309 wishbones and shafts (refurbs from GSF).

On slight lock at any speed above 5 mph, there is a loud screeching sound (similar to tyre squeel, but a bit more metallic) coming from the inner front wheel area. This is the same whether turning left or right, but is always only from the inner area.

There are no areas rubbing that I can see, so I would presume it's something to do with the CV joints. The front springs are -50mm but from looking at the setups from various threads, the 309 shafts should still be ok lengthwise?

I'm guessing there's no "bedding in" period where actually the are fine and I have nothing to worry about/fix <_<

Miles

What make of shafts are they? as allot are supplied wrong or even dead out the box, To the extent I've pretty much given up on GSF now

daveyboyblack

Hi Miles,

They're labelled as GKN. The drivers side has P.N.301.839 showing on it.

Could the noise be related to the massive amounts of Toe-Out that the car was running yesterday? I was in a rush to get to the MOT so hadn't done the tracking since fitting the 309 wishbones and shafts. I've reigned this back into something more normal. Can't take the car for a spin until it's on it's way to a re-booked MOT so hopefully it'll be sorted now.

Cheers

Dave