• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

tri_longer

Phosphor Bronze Beam Bushes

Chris_Mi

Product Description .BAGUES BRONZE POUR TRAIN ARRIERE 205 / 309 / 306 et ZX ... BRONZE BUSHINGS FOR TRAIN REAR 205 / 309 / 306 and ZX ...

(REMPLACE LES ROULEMENTS D'ORIGINE) (REPLACES THE ORIGIN OF BEARINGS)

JEU DE 4 BAGUES BRONZE MASSSIF SET OF 4 BRONZE RINGS MASSSIF

(2 bagues par bras) (2 rings per leg)

DIAMETRES INTERIEUR : 47mm et 42mm INSIDE DIAMETER: 47mm and 42mm

DIAMETRES EXTERIEUR 53mm et 49mm OUTER DIAMETER 53mm and 49mm

EPAISSEURS 24mm ET 35mm THICKNESS 24mm and 35mm

DISPO A PARTIR DU 5 JUILLET 2010 AVAIL FROM July 5, 2010

tri_longer

merci beaucoup

davenport

if you do wish for info there english is very good on the phone... i`ve ordered a few little pieces from them and they were very helpful..

Chris_Mi
merci beaucoup

grâce à la google translate

jord294

group buy by any chance ? :D

series111

Providing i could get the material cheap enough i could make them at work no problem...

tri_longer

The question would be can you do it cheaper?

series111

I will have to price up the raw material then i would no if it is worth my while and obviously how many people wanted them as most likely the more material you buy the cheaper it becomes....

PaulJLLD

I know 2 or 3 people that would be intrested in some.

skinner2k3

Excuse my ignorance to beam bits but I take it these are an upgrade on the standard roller bearings you would replace when refubishing the beam. I assume it is just the two for the whole beam as oppose to a pair either side.

Anthony

"Upgrade" is relative.

They'll certainly outlast the needle bearings by a considerable margin, particularly when running uprated torsion/anti-roll bars, but they'll likely suffer from "stiction" more than needle bearings will, which is never a good thing for suspension.

Rippthrough explained it all in a post a few months back, so do a search for posts by him and you should find it.

There are people on here running them though successfully - Pugtorque being one :lol:

SurGie

Im sure as long as the car is used and greased well enough the stiction shouldn't be a worry.

Rippthrough
Oilite bearings?

Bit fragile for shock loadings, probably end up closing the capillary feeds the first time you hit a pothole while cornering.

PaulJLLD

There are people on here running them though successfully - Pugtorque being one :lol:

Iv also got some in my 205 road rally car. :)

series111

To stop the stiction could the bushes not be drilled round the diameter and grease nipples placed in the beam therefore allowing regular maintenance and a constant supply of lubrication therefore 99% eliminating stiction as we do this on machinery at work and it is very effective....

Bassman
Bit fragile for shock loadings, probably end up closing the capillary feeds the first time you hit a pothole while cornering.

I'm running Oilite bearings on mine which is used about once a week for road use only and so far I have been really impressed with them. In my case, my shafts needed replacing so it was more cost-effective to clean-up the shafts and make them undersize and then custom machine the oilite bearings to match, rather than messing around with new shafts.

Time will tell if they start sticking.

I think I paid around £15 for two oilite bearings and machined them on the lathe at work to size and then honed them to get a perfect fit.

Rob

Bassman
I'm running Oilite bearings on mine which is used about once a week for road use only and so far I have been really impressed with them. In my case, my shafts needed replacing so it was more cost-effective to clean-up the shafts and make them undersize and then custom machine the oilite bearings to match, rather than messing around with new shafts.

I think I paid around £15 for two oilite bearings and machined them on the lathe at work to size and then honed them to get a perfect fit.

Rob

Just checked my last post on this:

I bought a pair of 45 ID, 55 OD and 35 mm wide Oilite bearings from AshleyPower.co.uk for about 25 quid delivered and had a mate at work machine them to size for me for free. (AMC455 is the part number and then you just state the width you need).

So £25 for the bearings and then I had them machined for free.

Rob

Rippthrough

They tend to just get looser as the lubrication becomes erratic and they wear in patches, we tried them on the front beam of the buggy a couple of times but they were always sloppy after a few months.

series111

I have priced the material up and at first glance i could probably make them for £45.00 a set....

pug_ham
There are people on here running them though successfully - Pugtorque being one :P

Tbh, I haven't been running them on the car for a few years now since returning to 205 GTI suspension but they were on my car with its 309 beam for a few years without issue.

I'd fitted a grease nipple & there were grooves machined inside mine to channel the grease round.

Paul higgs had some Oilon bushes made when he was doing 205parts but I never got any off him.

I'd use them again but at present I'm running a standard bearing beam.

Graham.

Rippthrough

Oilon works fairly well but you need a wide bush to keep the flex down.

pug_ham
Oilon works fairly well but you need a wide bush to keep the flex down.

Which in turn will create more stiction...:)

Graham.

Rippthrough

Yep, especially if you use the moly-reinforced Nylube version, that's actually better the more load that is one it, it's static friction is lower than it's sliding then, like PTFE.