• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GSXR_J

How Many Mm Is Each Click On The Rear Torsion Beam?

GSXR_J

Hey hope someone can help???? So I'm after lowering my 1.6 GTi and cant really seam to find anywhere a conclusive answer to what each turn of the rear torsion beam splines equates to in mm??? Does one alteration drop the rear by 25mm for example say and if you wanted it lowered by 50mm you would alter the splines by two clicks??? or is it vehicle specific? I don't want to be doing it once and then getting everything built up to find i should of done it more initially and having to do it all again!

The only reason i'm asking is i've bought a set of Eibach springs (not sure if any good- any advice welcome) and some 306 GTI-6 shockers to go on the front and the guy says he thinks they are 35mm drop but more likely to be 25mm??? Is this true? Does anyone have any experience with Eibach springs on their 205? So i'm now wondering by how many clicks i should adjust the rear to match?

Also just wondering off the cuff if anyone knows best place for replacement red door strips??? Just thought I'd ask!

Many thanks if anyone can shed any light on the subject!

Tom Fenton

Have a read of the article on the main website regarding beam lowering. But in summary the torsion bars have a different number of splines each end which means you can set the rear ride height to pretty much anything you like, by releasing both ends, and using a dummy damper to control the distance between damper bolts whilst you refit the torsion bar.

Anthony

One "spline" is about 35-40mm and probably about right for a set of Eibach 7001's.

However, you're much better off freeing off both ends of the torsion bars so that you can lower the beam properly.

If you've no history of it being done, I'd strongly recommend rebuilding the beam while you're there, as most original beams are now dead or dying, and taking it apart to lower it will only disturb the seals and bearings and worsen the issue.

GSXR_J

Thats great, looks like one spline adjustment it is!

Anyone running Ebach springs????

Miles

Yes, about the best std spring you can get.

But good luck with the rear end and expect the worst, Not many come apart serviable now

Simes
Anyone running Ebach springs????

Yes.

2-Pugs

Red door strips - Peugeot main dealer is the only pleace really. About ten quid each I think.

Edit: Part numbers, diagram and price uploaded fyi

post-86-1288267118_thumb.jpg

post-86-1288267127_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2-Pugs

GSXR_J

Awesome cheers!