• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Fenham Dave

Mot Failure

Fenham Dave

Help please

I knew having something a bit different would come back and bite me at some point - looks like it's today. :)

My LHD 205 Rallye (Euro spec) has passed it's MOT's with little trouble until now. This time it's failed on a worn bush in the steering rack (the passenger side of the LHD car). I can't easily get hold of a LHD replacement rack so was wondering if it would be possible to cannibalise a RHD rack and use one of the bushes from that, or if there are any other solutions people can think of

Any advice would be gratefully received

Cheers

GLPoomobile

Not technical advice I'm afraid - but I would suggest bearing in mind for future, that a more specific topic title will garner a quicker response to the question being asked. "MOT failure" is pretty vague given the question you are asking :)

Tom Fenton

The bush as far as I know will be the same on that side of the LHD rack as the one on the passenger side of a RHD rack. It is commonly worn out now on 205's, I've changed a few racks on varius cars because of this.

For you, AB Motorsport do a replacement bronze bush, this is probably the easiest route for you to take to repair your LHD rack, as I don't think the std bush is available seperately.