• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ablister

Ebay Trailing Arm Shafts

ablister

has anybody had any experience with these trailing arm shafts?

jord294

i've not

tbh, even feedback back until july says he hasn't sold any, so it would be a gamble if you did buy from them

Baz
i've not

tbh, even feedback back until july says he hasn't sold any, so it would be a gamble if you did buy from them

Why is it a gamble? If everyone adopted that attitude then nobody would ever sell anything.

He's selling a product that is clearly described and detailed as what it should be. If it is not as that then there's something awry of course, but until then, how can you judge it?

SurGie

Agreed with Baz, saying that though i do remember when someone was judging my group buy once, but then again they didnt know the full facts ;).

jord294
Why is it a gamble? If everyone adopted that attitude then nobody would ever sell anything.

He's selling a product that is clearly described and detailed as what it should be. If it is not as that then there's something awry of course, but until then, how can you judge it?

well you buy some then baz !

i'll stick to people who i trust

Edited by jord294

Baz

The full facts being you were selling something overly priced with the reasoning that they were hard to get hold of when in fact they were readily available anyway?

SurGie

That last point was not fact at the time.

Oh and the price was only £1 more expensive than Pug posted.

Edited by SurGie

Baz
you buy some then baz !

;) If i needed some then there'd be no reason why i wouldn't if they're competitively priced!

Baz
That last point was not fact at the time.

Oh and the price was only £1 more expensive than Pug posted.

In your opinion.

I don't wish to argue but because you can't get something doesn't mean they're generally hard to get hold of, but then that point was proven at the time anyway.

SurGie

I sold all of them quite quickly, of which in my eyes means they were hard to get hold of, at the time. Oh and i never made any profit from them also.

Baz

Ease of access...

welshpug

not a bad price, though I've no experience of the part they are supplying, however the last set I used for a customers beam rebuild came from Neat autos at £100 a pair off ebay, they were O.E items.

welshpug

yup :P

pretty quick on the delivery too, my customer ordered them on the sunday evening and they arrived on the tuesday morning.

nice bunch at Neat, popped in a few times with a mate as they have a sticker on his Rally car and supply all the service stuff at a good price.

Miles

The main issue with all of these arms is the inner dia, Some you can just get a 26mm ARB others a 30mm ARB, the ones I sell I know lets a 30mm ARB fit, other than that the outers are all much the same

SurGie
Ease of access...

Opinions or not, the facts still remain that myself & many other people tried to get them for months and months, 9 or so if i recall and was still told they are on order, so this resulted in all of them being quickly sold, so they couldn't of been that much more expensive. I needed them so i had my fabricator make them but he would only do a certain amount otherwise it wouldn't be in his interests to do just 2 for me.

Miles, could the smaller inner diameter be machined out so it can take 30 ARB ?

Miles

Yes they can, But why spend the same amount of money to get this done, when you can buy then already done

SurGie

Point taken, maybe they could be a bargain for those whom have use of a machine.

Anthony

You've got to rememeber how many people actually run an ARB that big on a 205 or 309 though - very few.

pug_ham

Who is to say that these are any different than those JimiSTDT sourced just through an unknown seller on ebay?

Still, seen them for less on ebay through Neat & paragonpug as Mei mentioned.

Graham.

ablister

i've never fitted jimi's ones either, i assume they were problem free?

From experience with car parts, it's usually 'buy cheap, buy twice'. I don't mind buying cheaper parts but as long as they fit, fed up with poor quality cheap stuff that just doesn't last.

Paragonpug seems the cheapest genuine ones @ £140 delivered / pair

pug_ham
Paragonpug seems the cheapest genuine ones @ £140 delivered / pair

Neat also sell genuine ones for less than paragonpug.

Graham.

ablister

neat sell genuine ones for £110 each delivered here, if you mean these then they are not genuine