• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Weser

In Need Of Help With My Suspension Issues On Standard Setup

Baz

Or an easy way to increase turn-in!

(Cue Cameron... ;) )

Henry 1.9GTi

either way TBs or ARB, your just increasing rear roll stiffness and hence weight transfer thus effecting the understeer gradient. Fitting massive rear ARBs is not really an issue on 205s as they are FWD so the compliance needs to be at the front to get the power down. Also being front heavy they need more force at the front axel to oppose the lateral acceleration than the rear, to get around a corner as the distance between the CoG and the front axel is smaller than the distance to the rear. Hence most FWD hatches have a wider front end to reduce weight transfer at the front. Not to be confused with body roll which attributes only a very small amount to weight transfer due to CoG migration.

ummm balance the car the way you feel happy? :P

C_W
I always feel that the anti roll bar upgrade is a cheap option for those unwilling to buy the torsion bars..

Yes that sounds like me :)

But for me this simple modification did transform the handling and made it more adjustable and eager to turn in. Along with 4 uprated dampers I can see this just what Weser needs.