• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Poor Brakes

swordfish210

Hey, the brakes on my GRD are sometimes really hard to operate, it's like the servo has been disconnected but the longer i drive the car between using the brakes the better they are (if that makes sense) Also if i increase the engine revs the brakes get better.

I'm guessing it is the servo pump that is faulty but is there any way to repair it or do i have to fit a new one?

RossD

Yep, sounds like the vacuum pump is on it's way out, with the amount of XUD's in the scrappys a good one shouldn't be hard to find :lol:

Matt Holley

It would be worth checking the servo isn't cracked and that it has a good seal between the servo and M/C.

Pull the pipe out of the servo and see how much suck you have from the pump and check the pipe is good aswell.

swordfish210

Cheers Matt i'll give that a go. The servo is fairly new so its quite possible that something has been left a little loose.

pug_ham

Depending on what type of vacuum pump your cr has you can get rebuild kits fior them for very little iirc.

Better than a scrapyard find that might only have a few months life left in it imo.

Graham.

swordfish210
Depending on what type of vacuum pump your cr has you can get rebuild kits fior them for very little iirc.

Better than a scrapyard find that might only have a few months life left in it imo.

Graham.

Good to know, thanks. I'll do a bit of fault diagnosis this weekend and see whats going on.

pug_ham

If you have the camshaft end vacuum pump I can't see a rebuild kit on service box but for the belt driven one which bolts to the back of the head its 4599 24.

Graham.