• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpaul

What Could This Be? Knocking Noise

pugpaul

Seen an ad' for a cheap 205 1.6 GTI which I might buy and restore her. The ad' mentions this though, any ideas what it could be and if it could turn out to be expensive?

in the past weeks a slight knocking has started through left hand bends on the osf front

Anthony

Could be all manner of things as it doesn't give enough info - driveshaft is the obvious one, but could be droplink, top mount, wishbone or any manner of other things. Probably nothing too serious though.

pugpaul
Could be all manner of things as it doesn't give enough info - driveshaft is the obvious one, but could be droplink, top mount, wishbone or any manner of other things. Probably nothing too serious though.

Thanks Anthony

Hope your well :P

I might buy this 205 then as I'm missing the 205 GTI experience greatly! No other car (and I have had a good few cars) comes close to 'smiles per mile' as the 205 GTI!

Richy_cti

i have the same problem i narrowed it down to that mount under the stearing rack a goood mate advised me it pretty common too

MrG

the knock we had on ours was a drop link, replaced and now no knock!

Guest Houghy
Bump.

Any offers at all?

Could do with it gone before the insurance runs out in November so not desperate for it to go just yet...

i have the same problem i narrowed it down to that mount under the stearing rack a goood mate advised me it pretty common too

You mention the mount near the steering rack, mine has a knock when turning the wheel when stood still, could this be my problem? Also what is the mount actually called? Thanks

Dave