• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

Respraying Interior Floor

Alan_M

I'm a bit of a pleb when it comes to prepping for paint etc. Can anybody offer advice on my plan to tackle the interior floor?

• Tackle rust first with wirebrush/grinding disc attachments
  • Treat rust with KuRust (anything better?)
  • At this stage, do you need to clean off the rust treatment? How do you'key' the good paint or do you just paint over it?
  • Red Oxide Primer?
  • Primer
  • Paint (Is there a durable paint out there for interiors? Mines stripped so has little protection)

I plan to invest in a compressor next month, and over the winter during the 205s hibernation I plan to do this and the underside too (particularly behind the petrol tank).

Any advice is welcome.

Lan

I used this http://www.rust.co.uk/epoxy-mastic.cfm for the floor pan in my xs and as far as I can tell its very durable had no issues with cracking or peeling. there is no floor protection in my car either

I didn't have to key the floor when painting with it either I used a bit or kurust on some spots and then painted straight over