• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smithy

Bleeding Brakes

smithy

recently changed all the solid brake lines and when trying to bleed i was not getting any output from M/C trying to bleed furthest from master first working to the closest.

I have fitted a new M/C but it is having exact same problem,when bleeding i can see level in resavoir move but nothing comes out of the ports.

any ideas of what could be the problem? i find it hard to believe both old and new master have exactly the same problem.

Toddy
recently changed all the solid brake lines and when trying to bleed i was not getting any output from M/C trying to bleed furthest from master first working to the closest.

I have fitted a new M/C but it is having exact same problem,when bleeding i can see level in resavoir move but nothing comes out of the ports.

any ideas of what could be the problem? i find it hard to believe both old and new master have exactly the same problem.

You haven't stated how you are attempting to bleed the system, step by step would be good so that we could point you in the right direction.

Use an Ezibleed kit which pressurises the reservoir, about £20 and save yourself the hassle, just don't bother putting any fluid in the bottle and use about 5psi.

jackherer

If it is a 1.9 it could be bad compensators. Have you tried bleeding the fronts or have you just got stuck on the first rear one?

I agree with Toddy's comments about easy bleeds, you definitely don't want any fluid in the bottle. However if it is the compensators blocking fluid flow you might want to try more than 5psi, I have managed to get them working again with a load of pressure through an easy bleed.

smithy

Thanks for replies.

Trying to bleed by just pumping the pedal using one of them bleed pipes with one way valve in.tried on front and rear brakes with dame result.

Tried bleeding direct at unions on master but nothing coming out of any port.

Car is a 1.6 3 channel set up.

Will

Give the easy bleed a go tomorrow

mickie

i guess if nothing is coming direct out of MC then thats your problem, you could always try taking it apart.. but it almost seems like you're doing it wrong because even if the seals have gone in the MC fluid should still seep out of the MC

Edited by mickie

smithy
i guess if nothing is coming direct out of MC then thats your problem, you could always try taking it apart.. but it almost seems like you're doing it wrong because even if the seals have gone in the MC fluid should still seep out of the MC

couple of problems found today the new master is sticking,when pressed in the piston does not self return it needs to be pulled back out hence the lack of fluid out.when using easy bleed it will pump fluid through M/C and after doing this fluid comes out by gravity now aswell.

my guess is the M/C has been on shelf a while and internal seals have dried out and starting to break up, causing partial blockage that easy bleed pushed through.If i remember rightly brake cylinders and calipers have a shelf life???

also O/S rear flexi is blocked so no fluid to wheel cylinder.

another new cylinder and a flexi and all should be well.