• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
grantley1988

Roof Vinyl Wrapped

grantley1988

As my roof needs a respray, i thought about getting it wrapped in carbon instead. There is a company not to far from me and i popped in to have a gander at some of there work and it is good on the carbon looks great.

Just wondered what your guys opinion on this is? Anyone had there roof wrapped? Or do i get the roof sprayed? To get a roof wrapped is £200, how much would a respray be?

Stevo309

I've seen wrapped cars and it's pretty good. It won't stop rust though so if your roof needs respraying due to rot then i would pay to get it sorted and painted. If it's just down to bad lacquer etc then why not. I can't see a roof respray being £200 or less so it's probably cheaper to wrap.

It's a question of taste too though, personally i don't think a carbon roof will look very believable whereas a bonnet would pass. If it was my car i'd spend a little more and paint it.

Cameron

When I was at BTB we had a Golf come in that was really nicely race prep'd and had a vinyl carbon roof. IMO it stood out like a sore thumb, from afar you'd think wow, it's got a carbon roof? then as soon as you went in to have a look it was quite obviously fake. Some people might love it, some people will definitely hate it, so it's down to you!

grantley1988
http://www.carbon-era.co.uk/ This is the place where i have looked and the film looks spot on! Only started thinking about this as i saw the focus rs at rally day and thought oooo a carbon roof :) I didn't notice it was a wrap until i read the leaflet on the car.

Cameron

That does look a lot more convincing than the stuff I saw.. I'm still not convinced it's a good idea though.. no matter how real it looks, it's isn't real! But anyway it isn't my car, it's yours! If you like it and can live with knowing it's fake, go for it! :)

Baz

Seen that stuff on a Lambo and although convincing, as said you still know it's not real...

I think for the money i'd rather my roof was just painted tbh!

welshpug

from seeing a few samples of the 3M carbon wrap I wouldn't use it myself, no doubt there are others about that behave much better.

I'd just get it painted tbh.

backroadpug

is it a 205?

im away to get my roof wrapped in that 3m carbon wrap.

This stuff is ace goes on dry so no fafing about just need a heat gun

200 buck is well over the top i got quoted 110 fitted or 50 just for the wrap so im just fitting it myself

just doing mine up to the lines in the roof so not the full roof

its a pity you dont get this 3m stuff if kevlar as would look a lot better on my yellow rallye

I should be doing mine in next couple of weeks so ill post up some pics

Tho mine is only temp till it gets its full spay next year.

Edited by backroadpug

welshpug

I wouldn't use the 3m stuff, it shrinks and bubbles like anything.

backroadpug
I wouldn't use the 3m stuff, it shrinks and bubbles like anything.

i was told its pourse thats why you put it on dry as it actually lets the air out of the weave