• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Badger

Door Doesn't Want To Shut

Grim.Badger

My driver side door deosn't want to stay shut, the catch doesn't engage the pin correctly.

I suspect the pin is worn, but what's most likely to be at fault?

happygoron

I have an intermittent similar problem when it doesn't catch but pulling the interior handle a few times sorts it, so I'll be watching this thread.

omega
My driver side door deosn't want to stay shut, the catch doesn't engage the pin correctly.

I suspect the pin is worn, but what's most likely to be at fault?

sounds like the door has droped a bit.

open the door and try and lift the bottom corner this will show you if there is any play.

jord294

could also be a sticking door handle :o

welshpug

as above, sticking outer door handle mechanism.

Grim.Badger

I'm fairly sure it's neither of those:

The door has dropped a little, but much less than one of my previous GTi's that didn't have a locking problem - also lifting the dorr makes no difference.

The outer handle is nice and free, and operates the connecting cable properly - just to make sure I WD40'd the hell out of it which made no difference.

I altered the position of the pin (which is badly worn) which helped a little but didn't solve it, also even if I get the door to latch all the way I can still push/pull it open without using the handles. The only way to get it to stay shut is to lock it.

On a related mater, how do you get the connecting rods off all the parts in the door?

flyfisher

had same problem door jamed inside and out couldent open it turns out to be outer handle siezed. even tho it looked good

James_m

I had this problem, had to change the catch in the end

Grim.Badger
I had this problem, had to change the catch in the end

Where did you get it? I've just phoned Peugeot and it's £45! (okay, I'm not that shocked, but if I can get it cheaper...)

If I open the door and manually flick the latch, I can then force it to open again! I can't do this on the passenger side latch so I presume I'm not meant to be able to.

I still need to disconnect it from it's control rods to be certain though.

flyfisher
Where did you get it? I've just phoned Peugeot and it's £45! (okay, I'm not that shocked, but if I can get it cheaper...)

If I open the door and manually flick the latch, I can then force it to open again! I can't do this on the passenger side latch so I presume I'm not meant to be able to.

what side lock do you want i have one here if you want one

mickie

ive also had this problem, on a mazda 323 GTR :lol:

but guessing most locks work the same ? when you pull the handle the lock needs to pull back into position..

a spring pulls it back inside the lock.. if the spring has broke or somethings wrong with the lock you'll obviously need a new one, i think everything on the 205 locks are intigrated, so wouldnt be able to fix it ?

on the mazda the lock is open to the elements so its easy to fix..

James_m

Good old ebay!