• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Loose Hand Luke

1.9gti Rear Brake Pipe Bracket Info

Loose Hand Luke

Hi all,

Firstly credit to Woo83 because I've pinched his photo of his mint rear beam as I couldn't find another one in my hurry.

I'm trying to finish my rear suspension, but the car didn't arrive complete so I've had to sort another rear beam out.

Basically, I think I'm missing a bracket for the union where the flexible pipe from the brake caliper meets the hard pipe that runs along the trailing arm.

All I want to know is - Is the black bracket for the pipe union in this picture a standard item, even though the disc heat shield is missing?

Its just so I know what I'm looking for or asking for at the pug garage. :D

S7300563.jpg

Thanks guys, and again, sorry Woo83 for pinching your image, but it was so beautiful! :)

Edited by StickZ

welshpug

yes they are standard, but I and many others just do away with that flexi and plumb in a full length of hard pipe from the short flexi from the body to the lower damper bracket just like peugeot/citroen did on the later 306's and all the xsara's

Miles

As above, less joins the better and less chance of any leaks

Loose Hand Luke

Sorry, so do you mean, you keep the flexible pipe that comes from the body and round on to the trailing arm, and then plumb in a hard pipe from the lower shock mount straight into the caliper?

Or do you mean, flexible pipe from caliper to trailing arm, then hard pipe all the way to the front?

Thanks for the info guys <_<

welshpug

the former, the latter would not work <_<