• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

309 Gti Anti Roll Bar In 205

Para

Does FRONT 309 GTI anti roll bar is direct fit to 205 GTI ? I believe it has to be used with 309 GTI bushes but would it screw in the place no problem ? Width is the same ?

Thanks,

Mike

Anthony

You need to use the 309 GTi ARB mounting brackets and bushes, but otherwise it's a straight fit and the same width

Para

What's the thickness of it ? Is it 21 or 22 mm ?

j_turnell

Only worth fitting when combined with a larger rear imo, theres a few topics on this.

boombang

Very hard to get 309 Gti ARB bushes too.

Edited by boombang

Para

I have a wider rear from 309 GTI as well, and I didn't find any problems with sourcing ARB bushes for 309 GTI, my local motor factor had them ordered next day for me, and they are proper SASIC one.

Anyone was ordering 309 GTI mounting brackets from Peugeot ? What's the price like ?

Thanks for quick answers ! Love you all ^_^-_-

Edited by Para

j_turnell

Even with the 309 axle you'll still probably find it understeery as i certainly did as the back is only 20mm, the front is 21/22mm. I fitted a 24mm rear and that improved things dramatically!

brumster

I went 309 ARB for a while - it didn't stay on for long, but then I've got the luxury of custom platforms, dampers, spring rates and so forth and I really don't need a thicker ARB (in fact I reckon with some careful tweaking of the 3-ways I could ditch the ARB altogether).

Bushes are available from Powerflex but they're not brilliant as they don't seem to have the indentation machined in them for the 'rib' around the ARB (on the left hand side, I think, from memory?). I've got several sets unused if anyone is stuck for some :)

Most people on the competition scene (rally-wise, at least) don't seem to stick with them for long. Maybe smooth track use is one thing, but for rallying and maybe fast road, you may find it doesn't take the handling where you want it to be (pun intended, for those in the know :] )

pug_ham
Brumster I heard negative opinions about bushes from Powerflex. Could you explain why on their website it says 22mm for ARB ?

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/product-details...t+22mm/245.html

That must be a question for Powerflex although there is a 309 with a 22mm front arb but unfortunately is for a lower spec model where the arb fits into the wishbone.

Even the 309 GTI-16 has a 21mm front arb so maybe thats why there are negative comments about them, because they are the wrong size?

Graham.

de Noir
That must be a question for Powerflex although there is a 309 with a 22mm front arb but unfortunately is for a lower spec model where the arb fits into the wishbone.

Even the 309 GTI-16 has a 21mm front arb so maybe thats why there are negative comments about them, because they are the wrong size?

Graham.

exactly

Very hard to get 309 Gti ARB bushes too.

exactly

bought two sets

so far I can remember, inner diameter is fine and no 'groove', but neither fit the 309GTI mounting bracket - outer diameter 23mm instead of 24mm

Anyone was ordering 309 GTI mounting brackets from Peugeot ? What's the price like ?

Have tried on multiple occasions, no more from Peugeot

I believe the trick is to order 205GTI mounting brackets which are 23mm outer diameter, and then combine with 'sort of' 309GTI bushes

Never tried this as ARB bushes found on the donor car were in good shape, maybe someone can confirm this.

Edited by de Noir

brumster

Aye, the powerflex option wasn't really out of choice for me rather than necessity - you simply can't get the bushes (or brackets) from Peugeot any more. I was less than impressed with them, but they did seem to fit - they only felt tight on the one side because of the compressing around the 'rib' when the bush itself didn't have a locating 'recess' to correspond to it. All in all, a lot of hassle for something that, in the end, didn't really deliver what I was after anyway.

Para
I believe the trick is to order 205GTI mounting brackets which are 23mm outer diameter, and then combine with 'sort of' 309GTI bushes

Kresimir I will go with your advice if you have tried that and it worked out. I guess I can use mounting brackets from my GTI , they should be in good condition.

Cheers,

Mike

de Noir
Kresimir I will go with your advice if you have tried that and it worked out. I guess I can use mounting brackets from my GTI , they should be in good condition.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike, I have not tried that combination!

I am running proper 309GTI stuff, as found on the donor car. :)

Edited by de Noir

Para

Can anyone confirmed that 205 ARB brackets will work with 309 GTI ARB and 309 GTI bushes ?

de Noir

Mike, how about measuring 205 ARB mounting brackets inner diameter?

Para

I've ordered them already, I will check them out when fitting and decide what to do next.