• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
evojay71

Rubbish Brakes On My Cti

evojay71

I have a CTI thats been parked up in my garage for over a 12 month,the car was a garage find and was parked up for many years before my ownership,however I did have this car on the road just after I bought it so the brakes were fine.

I've been through the brakes,front and rear and all cylinders and pistons are free and working but I've test drove the car and the peddle is very hard,brakes are really crap and I have to absolutely stand on the peddle for anything to lock up!!

I'm thinking its the servo or master cylinder thats at fault?? Can anyone confirm this is the case?? Or any other ideas??? Not keen on changing it if the problem exsists elsewhere. Thanks in advance

j_turnell

Does sound like a servo issue, have you checked the pipe from the servo to the inlet isn't split?

steve@cornwall
Does sound like a servo issue, have you checked the pipe from the servo to the inlet isn't split?

Push on the brake pedal with the car not running, start the car and the pedal should then give under the pressure if the servo is working

evojay71
Push on the brake pedal with the car not running, start the car and the pedal should then give under the pressure if the servo is working

Seems the same whatever,looks like my suspicions have been confirmed :lol:

Thanks for the quick replys